Friday 26 February 2016

What Girls Really Mean When They Say They Hate the “Nice Guy”


We’ve all heard the line, “Nice Guys Finish Last”. It’s a pretty blunt line, but I thought I’d give it a shot at defining what it actually means from a female perspective. When girls say they don’t like the nice guy, they mean they don’t want a damn pushover and a naïve soul. They don’t want a dude that seems like he is a yes man to almost everything simply because he feels like he is appeasing you. Fellas, let me tell you from now, that shit will not get you anywhere, especially if you are with someone who is perhaps introverted by nature. This is because females, as much as men, like adventure and women want someone who will add something extraordinary to her life, something that slightly differs from what she is usually accustomed to.


We like when guys have the ability to make us laugh, hold an intriguing conversation, and keep us on our toes. We like when you sometimes take the lead, not in a controlling way, but in a way that tells us you are trying to make your presence known. Everybody is made differently and I am not saying that people should start to change themselves, because simply put, some people are just not meant for each other. Personalities have to match and play off of each other, but everyone can benefit from learning not to be a complete bore. I wouldn’t say I’m the most adventurous person at this point in my life, and there are probably some things about myself that some guys find boring.


Cool, but I’m just not for them. But what I can say is that I try and make my presence known, laugh, and put the effort into making myself seem like I got it going on even if I don’t. So ladies, I totally feel you when you just get totally annoyed if a guy is acting stiff and slightly as if he has no backbone. I’m straight up and I can tell you from now that shit annoys me. I’ve told some friends this in the past, so people know I keep it real. This doesn’t have to even be all about relationships. It can be about friends as well. For me, I just don’t like guys who don’t interest me, even if we are friends. I like a sense of excitement in my life, especially if you are a male because I am getting a feel of the male perspective on things for a change. But if we are going to talk about relationships, this isn’t about finding someone who is a prick. It’s about finding someone who makes you feel secure and is assertive. Someone who doesn’t make you feel intimidated, but is confident, and not pompous, which in turn leaves you feeling at ease. I can go on, but I think you guys get the point. It’s all about personality and looks are just the delicious bonus.

2 comments:

  1. Lol! Yo I have an article on my blog about the same thing just from a guy's perspective. Elite Daily picked it up and it's called "If You Do These 5 Things, You Might Be A Pushover In The Relationship". You should check it out. Keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lmao Thank you for reading! I write quite sporadically, in an intense spur of the moment way sometimes, so I read this over and I was like damn, that was harsh LOL. But it's the truth...your blog is awesome:) Will read!

    ReplyDelete