Sunday 31 January 2016

Being that Perpetually Late Person is Actually Effin Embarrassing



You wake up suddenly out of your slumber and look at the time. You are on a roll you think to yourself. Making your way to the bathroom, you shower, brush your teeth, get dressed, and look at the clock. 10:30 am. Your class starts at 1pm and you have some time to spare. So, you decide to turn on some music and take a tad bit longer on your makeup, making sure to get your winged liner just as perfect as Adele's. You decide you'll also have time for some glittery shadow. You gaze at yourself and gloat at how freakin sexy you look and mentally thank your parents for creating such a badass human being. Time, 11:30 am. You are still kinda good. Breakfast is almost ready and your tea is halfway drunk. But, as you gather your things, you can't remember where your key is. Your bag is still not packed, your phone isn't charged, and you still need to purchase some bus tokens. Time 12:00 pm. It takes about an hour and a half to get to school. Mood: Shit, I'm screwed.

I'll admit it, I've been late quite a bit in my little lifetime. For school, not so much work (obviously because my ass will get fired), meeting up with people, appointments, etc. With that said, I'll admit that being late isn't a great feeling. You feel bad because when you arrive at an event whether 10 or 15 minutes later, you realize that you might be one of the few people that is late and conclude that you could have done better. There are several other people who have arrived on time, so why didn't you? Why I'm always late I'll give to poor planning, my distaste for the mornings, and procrastination.

These aren't excuses, but I should provide some reasoning for my screw ups. Recently, I have gotten a bit better, however. I'm not where I want to be yet, but little improvements definitely make a difference. I've realized that getting a full eight hours sleep is actually very beneficial to waking up on time and feeling refreshed and energized when we rise and is actually the truth and not just from the studies we've heard since eighth grade. I read an article recently that basically glorified being late. If we've always been we should just except it because it is a part of who we are. But, I don't think that's so. As much as I have been late, I'm not proud of it. It's embarrassing to always walk into a room with eyes on you for the wrong reasons. It is also a good practice to be on time because then it is something that automatically happens for us. Other people's time also needs to be respected. I'm working on it and slowly I will definitely be getting to where I need to be on time because I damn sure feel accomplished when I am on my A game. Besides, being on time leaves us less stressed. Life is stressful enough damn it and our tardiness shouldn't add to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment